Room 7 Superstars; Our Class Site

After beginning my teaching career with a class site,  I cannot imagine teaching without one.  I have especially enjoyed watching my students engage in their learning outside of the classroom.

There is so much that can be done with a google site and it can be a really engaging way of accessing ones learning. Over the past term and a half our class site has changed heaps; I am constantly finding new ways to display activities and will continue to do so. Ultimately, it is most important that the site is easy to navigate and that it makes learning accessible.

My Class Site


At this weeks MDTA PLG, we were learning about making screencasts. These could be used in the classroom as a way of recording part of the lesson - like a virtual modelling book. Apps like Educreations and Screencastify would best utilise screencasts in the classroom, as they allow the user to draw and write while recording.  However, our intention today was to simply create a screencast of our class site to illustrate how our children would use it to access their learning. 



I used Quicktime player to record this screencast which was pretty easy to use, although finding a quiet place to film was not so simple! It took a few (10) attempts to record an uninterrupted video, but this would have been far easier if I had a room to record in rather than a corridor! This really made me consider the difficulty of filming Manaiakalani Google Class OnAir, as there would be so many distractions and interruptions to deal with in the classroom.


I will definitely consider using both screencasts and video of my direct teaching in the future, as I can see how beneficial a digital modelling book would be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking Our Reading Journey

Inquiry 2018

Top Tips for Online Learning