Stop Motion Through Keynote

After discussing the use of Garageband a few years ago, I have found a new appreciation for Apple software. This weeks PLG on Keynote only affirmed this feeling, as I discovered how effective it can be, despite being a real fan of Google slides.

Keynote


Keynote contains more advanced features than I had experienced with Google Slides. It is possible to animate different elements of a slide (or the entirety of the slide if you were extra keen) and alter your images. Not only would these features be useful when creating interesting presentations, but they could be used to insert images into a movie or to create Stop Motion.

As you can also edit the settings of the slideshow - e.g. to loop it or to vary the length of the slides, it is a great tool to use when presenting Ignite talks.  It can also run straight off your device, which could save you a lot of stress if you were presenting with a dodgy internet connection!



I decided to manipulate my presentations to create a simple Stop Motion video. Although the video itself was quite simplistic, it took me a fraction of the time it took to create my plasticine version and could be more effective.

I'm looking forward to creating a presentation in next weeks PLG!

Comments

  1. Haha -great animation! I am pleased that you have discovered another creative tool and developed skills to be able to pick it up when a need presents itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving us the time to explore with the tool! I was surprised at how efficient this was to make through keynote; I'm hoping to find an opportunity to use this alongside some of my learners.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unpacking Our Reading Journey

Inquiry 2018

Finally Finished!